Thursday, March 18, 2010

CVS Deal of the Week

Everyone who knows me knows that in October I decided to quit my job as a high school teacher and become a stay-at-home mom. This meant that I had to find a way to save lots of money. A friend directed me to southernsavers.com. I found a great way to save money on groceries. I have cut my grocery/household items budget by about 65%!!! I have even taught a couponing class here in Shreveport. Several people have asked me to start a website to show how I do it. SouthernSavers.com is a great resource, but sometimes the prices/ads are different here in Shreveport than they are in Atlanta where SouthernSavers is based.

SOOOOO...here's your couponing tip for the day. Go to CVS and get a ExtraCare card if you don't already have one. Then scan your card at the price checking machine, and coupons will print out of the side of the machine. One of the coupons will be for $1 off CVS paper towels. The regular price for the paper towels is $1.29. This means that with your coupon, your total will be 29 cents plus tax!!! That's a great deal! You can go every day and print out this coupon. They usually change the coupon on Sunday.

I'll have more tips along the way to help you save money. I'll try to start off with easy items then work up to the BIG deals (like how I got $130 worth of groceries at Kroger's for $40).

No comments: