Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Baby Time!!


Ok..so I decided to start this blog for several reasons. First, I will have a great keepsake when the baby comes. I also think this is a great way for family and friends to keep up with what's going on with the pregnancy. Soooo....here goes!


Thursday night, Jason and I were talking about the possibility of me being pregnant. I decided to take a pregnancy test first thing Friday morning. We have had so many negative tests before that I didn't have my hopes up. Almost immediately, the "+" sign popped up. I ran and woke Jason up and showed him the test. We were sooooo excited. We couldn't keep it a secret. I told my best friend, Amy, and he told a friend of his at work. After school, I took another test just to make sure. It was positive!! Then, we told Jacob. He was so happy. We then went to Jason's parents' house to tell them. They were thrilled. We went to Hot Springs and spent the weekend together as a family. When I got home, I still wasn't convinced. So, I took another test!! Again, it was positive!!!! So, I'm pretty sure there's a little Pickett in there!! ;)


I go to the doctor on September 11th. I will know more after that. For those that knew me 10 years ago, I had an awful pregnancy. I was sick the entire time. If I've done my calculations correctly, I'm six weeks pregnant today. So far, no bad symptoms....well, maybe just a little emotional, but I'll take that over morning sickness any day of the week!!!


3 comments:

AuntEmily said...

I'm so excited about the new little one! I'm already planning a shower :)

PuckBug said...

I'm THRILLED to welcome (at least) one more new niece or nephew to our growing family! Congratulations & here's wishing you another 36 weeks of happy and healthy pregnancy!!

Cheryl said...

I'm so, so excited for you!! Just talking with you today and seeing you beaming with joy was so refreshing! =) I will keep praying for a healthy baby and easy pregnancy! =)